When it comes to fat-burning beverages, green tea is unquestionably at the top of the list. Having 5 cups of green tea in a day burns 4 per cent of calories, which is a good number. On the other hand, it boosts your metabolic rate, allowing you to put your energy to better use. Green tea is native to India and China. Its worldwide popularity stems from the fact that it provides drinkers with numerous health benefits. The Camellia Sinensis bush is used to make green tea. It's worth noting that green tea does not undergo oxidation. For this reason, this tea is classified as minimally processed tea leaves. Green tea is high in polyphenols, which are antioxidants. It's critical to drink green tea at the right time to get the most health benefits. According to studies, green tea is best consumed first with various compounds that can bind to minerals in food and prevent absorption in the body.
Some minerals, such as iron, copper, and chromium, may not be absorbed by the body if you drink green tea right after a meal. However, it shows excellent results when drunk two hours before or after meals. You can also drink it throughout the day as detox water. It may seem like a good idea to drink a warm cup of tea before going to bed, but it is not. Instead, the best time to have green tea in the morning is after breakfast to prevent dehydration. If you want to maximise the benefits of green tea while also improving its flavour, there are a few things you can do. Half an hour before exercise can burn fat. Half an hour before bedtime can also help in reducing weight. Green tea should not be served with too hot or too cold water. The best water is between 160 and 180 degrees. Green tea should be steeped for 2-3 minutes. More time will make your tea bitter, while less time will prevent the tea leaves from releasing their flavour. To make a healthy and tasty cup of tea, combine 2 grams of tea leaves with 177 mL of water.
If you are bored with having plain green tea, you must try the varieties of green tea that Teamonk offers. Here are the best five Green Teas that you should try.
- Kadha Green Tea: A healthy mixture prepared with Green Tea, Dried Tulsi, Ginger, Cinnamon, and Black Pepper. These natural immunity boosters mixed with Green Tea make an ideal decoction just like any granny's remedy.
- Apple Cinnamon Green Tea: A healthy brew curated with freeze-dried apple and cinnamon, increased energy levels and antioxidants.
- Spice Green Tea: Cinnamon, Cardamom, and Clove offer a refreshing aroma and a unique after-taste combination experience.
- Mango Green Tea: Traditional tropical green mango is curated with green tea in the most delectable way, boosting immunity and promoting healthy skin.
- Turmeric Cardamom Green Tea: Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting properties. In conjunction with Cardamom, they provide relief to stomach ailments and alleviate ulcers.
On average, drinking three to five cups of green tea can lead to a better lifestyle and even allows you to reap its health benefits. But the optimal amount of green tea depends on various factors like age, health condition, and reason for consumption.